The City of the Big Shoulders has been on our minds, and the April issue of Informer: The Journal of American Mafia History is packed with interesting tales and little known information about Chicago's underworld:
- Richard Warner examines the life and times of Windy City Mafia boss Anthony D'Andrea.
- Thomas Hunt tells of some of Chicago's earliest Mafia leaders in the city's NW section.
- Bill Feather provides a detailed chart of Chicago Outfit members in the 1920s-40s era.
- Crime Historian Arthur Bilek describes his law enforcement and writing careers.
- The Informer responds to a question on the Chicago Heights Mafia.
- On the occasion of its 80th anniversary, we reflect on the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
It's not too late to subscribe to Informer for 2009. Electronic edition (PDF download) - Just $20 for the year. Print edition (delivery to U.S., U.K. and Canada) - Now $58 .